Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I did a soil test on a new area for my vegetable patch?

I did a soil test from Ferry-Morse. I am moving my vegetable garden about 2 acres, because of Blight and Mildew and Japanese Beetles. The PH was about 7.5, a little more green than the Neutral, a little less green than Alkaline. The Nitrogen was non-existent, didn't register at all. The Phosphorous was also non-existent, didn't register at all. The Potash also like the PH, A little more than medium, a little less than high. I am growing the regular vegetables, Tomatoes, cucumbers, beans. But I really need a great amount of vegetables as I am donating to the local food pantry. I added Chicken manure from our hen house, 3 weeks ago. Tilled it in, after we dug up the new ground. I have an organic garden, I try not to use chemicals. I used to get big beautiful plants, Tomatoes, cukes, everything, last year in my old garden. But after about 3 months, everything started to rot. Now that I moved the garden, the soil is sandy and it has great dirt. The lawn there used to be beautiful. And I'm trying to stay away from the area's that got water soaked and bred fungus and molds. I live in Michigan, I should of planted last week. What should I do to the soil to get it ready and should I wait to plant until after I treat the soil, or can I at least put the plant's in the ground and treat the soil later? What should I do to the soil to bring it up to what it should be? Thank you so much for your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment