Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Should/how can i be more open?

Im gay and i told my mother this when i was 12. At the time she went into denial and would always tell me i was just "confused". This lasted up until 8th grade when i started being bullied over my sexuality. Now im in highschool and i am certain of my sexuallity. I have had a very hard time bringing up the subject of who im interested in to my mother, on the count of the fact that she is constantly thinking im dating girls that im just close friends with. Sometimes when the time calls for it she will very quickly mention me being gay but always seems to mention it as if it where a condition i had or a disease.She has even sent me to a religious councilor when i was younger and his approach to my sexuality was that i needed to suppress it. I took this as a grain of sand and soon was able to quit going. I feel that in order for me and my mother to become closer i need to be able to openly discuss my interests in love and relationships but im not sure i can. My question is... Should i try to establish openes about this topic with my mom? and if i should how do i do so?

No comments:

Post a Comment