Sunday, July 10, 2011

I have a question concerning water damage to carpet?

Well, on Monday night my dumbass brother overflowed the bathroom in the hallway and caused all of the carpet in the hallway, the entry to my mom's bedroom, the entry to my daughter's bedroom, and my bedroom closet to get wet. I wasn't home on Monday, so I don't know the extent of how bad it was initially. Apparently the carpet in the hallway was completely soaked and my dad wet/dry vaccumed it "as best as he could" and the carpet was very damp when I came home Tuesday afternoon. Well this morning when I went to get something to wear for school, I discovered the carpet in my closet was damp. Even some of my clothes on the bottom hanging rack got wet! I am so angry. My dad is like "it will dry". Umm, water doesn't just soak through carpet, it gets embedded deep inside of it. I don't want any mold or mildew stench in my closet, so what can I do? I am thinking about renting a carpet shampooer. Would this do any good in this situation? The carpet isn't wet it is damp. Does anybody have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment