Thursday, July 14, 2011

Am I responsible for last month's rent under these conditions?

In my previous apartment I was not given a room to transfer to (even though one was available) because I had rejected paying a transferrable fee that my landlord insisted on charging me (even though it was not mentioned in the lease) when he had gave me a room to transfer to after ordering construction in my bathroom and bedroom to remove the mold. I was told to stay by a friend for a week and that it would be resolved but it never did until two weeks after so I had moved into another apartment. However, the same landlord insisted that I pay rent for that month and late fees because according to him he felt that I did not report the mildew growth in a timely fashion even though he told me he felt I was not directly responsible for the mildew growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment