Thursday, July 14, 2011

Carpet issue.What do I do!?

Okay so we moved into our first house about a week ago. We were getting all settled in and I felt like the carpet needed a good cleaning.The people before us had two large dogs and there was hair everywhere. So I borrowed my moms heavy duty steam cleaner and gave it a try. It did a good job,but when I woke up the next morning there were random yellow spots. Well no one wants yellow spots on their white carpet so I figured maybe the steam cleaner didnt get all the water out. I went and rented a rug doctor and did a big no no and started cleaning it again just as it was almost dry. I think its safe to assume i saturated them and now Im really upset because I have yellow patches every where now :/ I cant afford to have new carpet or wood put in right now so I hired a carpet cleaning business. The mildew smell has subsided as its been extremely humid here for the past several days. Ive had every window in the house open and a fan going to get ventilation. So i guess my question is will the carpet cleaners be able to fix this? have i completely ruined the carpet and pad?Im not sure what to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment